Skiing lessons - Day 3

Wednesday 9th January 2013

There wasn't much to report from Day 2 - I stuck to the nursery slopes and 'honed' the few techniques I had been taught the previous day. I fell over going over the bumps - if you are young and lithe getting back up obviously isn't a problem but for me it proved to be a bit of a challenge. I also fell over at the bottom of the slope and got slightly caught up in the netting of the lift fences. Trying to get untangled without drawing too much attention to yourself isn't easy!!

Vincent and the 2 German youngsters in our group

Day 3 was another bright beautiful and warm day. I have been wearing fewer and fewer layers as the week has gone on. After warming up on the nursery slopes Vincent (our instructor) took us off to a blue run - eeeks! The two runs we went down both had steep starts which scared the living daylights out of me and I have to admit to having done the 'I can't do it' helpless female thing. Vincent guided me down the difficult bits and we were off - the photos don't show the gradient at all well!!

My first blue run!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Kath. I find getting up after falling over so difficult now. I have to dig my poles into the snow and haul myself to me feet - not very elegant.

    ReplyDelete